What is IRIS CERTIFICATION
IRIS stands for International Railway Industry Standard, which is a globally recognized system for the evaluation of business management systems, tailored to the specific needs of the rail sector. Supported by operators, system integrators and equipment manufacturers, the IRIS Certification system is based on technical requirements of ISO/TS 22163 and conformity assessment which including assessment methodology and a common certification process. The aim of IRIS is to create a culture of quality that brings benefits to all stakeholders in the rail supply chain.
ISO/TS 22163 is a document published by the International Organization for Standardization, which sets out requirements for a business management system that is tailored to the specific needs of organizations in the rail sector. It contains the requirements of the global standard for quality management systems (ISO 9001:2015) together with a series of specific requirements relevant to the rail sector.
IRIS SCOPE & APPLICATION
IRIS - ISO/TS 22163 defines quality management system requirements in the rail sector (RQMS), which is applicable throughout the whole supply chain of railway industrial related products for the design and development, manufacturing and maintenance activities (excluding operations and services of rail transports); providing continual improvement, emphasizing defect prevention and defect reduction in the supply chain; and enhancing the process of sustaining product quality, including safety aspects.
Companies from the entire supply chain for products related to;
- Signaling &
With the activities of,
- Production and/or
- Development and/or
- Maintenance (fleet Maintenance, refurbishment and Component overhaul and (or) repairs).
In order for the organizations to achieve IRIS certification the organization shall:
- Be a legal entity or belong to a corporation
- Have an autonomous business management system
- Perform at least one IRIS activity: design, manufacture or maintenance
- The IRIS management system requires to be applied throughout the whole supply chain of rolling stock-related and signaling - related products
- Being located in a single site
- Minimum 6 months data record of implementation
IRIS DOCUMENTATION REQUIREMENTS
- Quality policy and Quality Objectives
- Quality Manual
- Management System Procedures & Records requires by ISO/TS 22163.
- Integration of Customer Specific Requirements
- Risk management and Contingency planning
- Configuration management and Product traceability
- Business performance and sustainability
- Work instructions and records, necessary to ensure the effective planning, operation & control of its processes.
KEY BENEFITS OF ACHIEVING IRIS CERTIFICATION TO YOUR ORGANIZATION:
- Meet railway specific regulatory requirements with confidence.
- Reduction in Rejection in respective to Quality.
- Deletion of non-value-added activities and Waste elimination.
- Business process streamlining and efficiency improvement
- Responsibility and Accountability across the organization
- Access to Global Markets.
- Meet the increasing demands of manufacturers within the rail industry.
- Better business performance and Enhanced sustainability
- A partnership approach to help understand your corporate objectives, organizational structure and business culture.